My wealth management combines financial and investment advice with retirement planning.
Independent and Experienced Financial Advisor
Tim Hayes brings 25 years of experience as a professional financial adviser. Individuals, couples, families or groups, all will benefit from Tim’s custom portfolios, trusts and retirement plans. He builds portfolios for small business owners when he arranges their 401(k), SIMPLE and SEP plans, for public school employees when he sets up their 403(b) accounts, and for IRAs and rollover IRAs.
For any portfolio he can access thousands of mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, life insurance programs, and annuities.Tim is affiliated with Cambridge Investment Research Inc., an, independent broker-dealer for financial professionals dedicated to offering unbiased investment advice to clients.
Broker/Dealer and Investment Advisor Affiliated With:
I am affiliated with Cambridge Investment Research and Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc.
Cambridge Investment Research is an independent broker-dealer for financial professionals dedicated to offering unbiased investment advice to clients.
Investment advisory services are offered through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Federally Registered Investment Advisor.
Designations & Securities Licenses
Accredited Wealth Management Advisor or AWMA®
Individuals who hold the AWMA® designation have:
- Completed a course of study encompassing wealth strategies, equity-based compensation plans, tax reduction alternatives, and asset protection alternatives;
- Passed an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and apply theoretical concepts to real-life situations;
- Agreed to adhere to Standard of Professional Conduct, and are subject to a disciplinary process in that regard.
Designees renew their designation every two years by completing 16 hours of continuing education, reaffirming adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct, and complying with self-disclosure requirements.
Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist or CRPS®
Individuals who hold the CRPS® designation have:
- Completed a course of study encompassing design, installation, maintenance and administration of retirement plans;
- Passed an end-of-course examination that tests their ability to synthesize complex concepts and to apply theoretical principles to life situations;
- Pledged adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct, and are subject to a disciplinary process in that regard.
Designees renew their designation every two-years by completing 16 hours of continuing education, reaffirming adherence to the Standards of Professional Conduct and complying with self-disclosure requirements.
Individuals who hold the AIF designation have:
- Completed the AIF Designation Training;
- Passed the AIF designation exam;
- Met the designation’s prerequisites and qualification and conduct standards;
- Accrued a minimum of six hours of continuing professional education, with at least four hours coming from fi360-produced sources;
- Attested to a code of ethics.
CFS designation is awarded upon passing an examination on mutual funds, ETS, REIT’s, closed-end funds, and similar investments. Advanced studies on topics include:
- Fund analysis and selection
- Asset allocation;
- Portfolio construction;
- Sophisticated investment strategies for risk management, taxes, and estate planning.
Series 66 Exam, taken 12-18-2012, scored 93% — Passing the exam qualifies candidates as both securities agents and investment advisor representatives.
Series 7 Exam, taken 07-20-2005, scored 92% — Individuals who pass the Series 7 examination are eligible to trade all securities products: corporate securities, municipal fund securities, options, direct participation programs, investment company products, variable contracts, etc.
Series 6 Exam, taken 02-23-1989, scored 92% — The exam measures the degree to which each candidate possesses the knowledge needed to offer the products of investment and insurance companies, including the sales of mutual funds and variable annuities.
Series 63 Exam, taken 03-22-1989, scored 86% — The exam qualifies candidates as securities agents within a state. Nearly all states require people to pass the Series 63 for state registration.
I am also licensed to offer life, health, accident, disability and long-term care insurance plans, as well as fixed annuities.