Rollover Options

The Department of Labor believes that people are being advised to roll over their 401(k)s into IRAs, when it would cost them less in their 401(k)s.

So they created the Fiduciary Rule which requires that financial advisors charge no more for investment advice than what the client was paying inside their 401(k).

If an advisor that recommends a rollover charges more than what the client was paying in their 401(k), the adviser must sign a contract with the client pledging that they will do what is in the customer’s best interest.

My 401(k) Rollover Solutions

  1. review the fees in your 401(k) plan
  2. review the fund lineup in your 401(k)
  3. check if there are sufficient choices to provide retirement income security
  4. calculate your retirement risk tolerance score
  5. compare your risk score with your current 401(k) allocation
  6. recommend if you should leave your 401(k) in your plan or rollover it to an IRA
  7. design your retirement portfolio in either your 401(k) or IRA using retirement risk tolerance and income goals



Please be sure to speak to your advisor to carefully consider the differences between your company retirement account and investment in an IRA. These factors include, but are not limited to changes to the availability of funds, withdrawals, fund expenses, fees, and IRA required minimum distributions.

%d bloggers like this: